Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome to My Blog! I Hope You Dance, Too :)

I figured my first blog should explain why I decided to title my blog I Hope You Dance.  I am not a dancer, unless you can count dancing at the bar when I've had a few too many drinks or goofing around with my kids to Barney (again when I've had a few too many drinks).  Just kidding about that last comment. 

Basically, I chose that as my title because of my mom.  She just happens to be the best mom a girl could ask for.  Mushy, right?  Now that I've lost all the possible male readers I might have had (maybe if I tell them I'm going to write about my boobs (just not in this post) they will keep reading? Because I am going to talk about my boobs, even though the only reason I have any is a benefit of nursing, which means they will disappear when I stop :(.  Man, you go through the pain of nursing, you should at least be able to keep the boobs. Just saying). 

Ok, ok, so back to my mom (not my mom's boobs, just my mom.) So my mom absolutely loves the lyrics of the song and the meaning behind them.  She told us awhile ago (when the song first came out) that whenever we hear it, she wants us to think of her, or she would think of us or something along those lines.  Anyway, the point is that she doesn't want her kids to just sit the song out, but she wants us to dance.  She wants us to go after the things we want in life, to enjoy life regardless.  After what I went through this last year, I have a whole new appreciation for the song and for what she meant.  I decided just recently that I was going to really live my life (emphasis on my), which means letting go of the fear inducing, panic attack causing, external expectations.  I am focusing on what is truly important: loving, living, laughing.  Welcome to my blog.  I hope you enjoy :) 

Did you notice I did end up talking about boobs?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Hollie. Yes, I did tell you guys that is your song from me. Everytime I hear it I think of you guys. I am glad you finally get it! However, there isn't anything wrong with having a few drinks and dancing just for fun (without any meaning to the dancing) ;-) This being said..."I Hope You Dance". Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete