Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Red, WHAT? Oh, Wait, Red Truck!

Anyone that has ever met Noah, knows he has a love affair with trucks.  Small trucks, big trucks, white trucks, garbage trucks.  When he hears a truck outside, he runs to the window to hopefully catch a glimpse.  And when Daudey (his red-truck owning Grandpa) walks in our house, he automatically asks with such a hopeful earnestness only little kids possess, "F--k?  Red f--k?"  Oh, yes, for our little Noey, cannot yet pronounce the word truck. 

While I find this hysterical at times, mortifying at others, I remembered a funny story (to someone other than me) regarding Alina, as Noah rushed to the couch this morning to see if he could spot the big garbage f--k (sorry had to do it) while it picked up the trash. 

A couple years ago, when Alina was four, we were walking to Wilson's Farm just singing our hearts out. At the time, she really loved singing the banana, nana, fo fana song, so that's what we doing (the whole way there).  Two blocks away and Alina decides she wants to sing the song using duck.  Duck duck bo buck, banana nana fo (yep here it comes again) f--k, me mi mo muck, duu-uuck.  Andy, like the grown up he is, immediately starts cracking up, hysterically, which of course Alina just loves.  Me - not so much.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I was shooting daggers at him, hoping he would trip and sprain an ankle as punishment for encouraging her use of the f-word.  Meanwhile, we have made it to Wilson's Farms, and Alina's singing the song all over, using duck yet again.  Of course, it would just so happen as the doors open, Alina's singing her little heart out, "Fo-f-------ck! Me Mi Mo Muck.  Duu-uuck."  The customers in line are staring at us.  The cashiers are staring at us.  Alina's starting round number three of the duck song, and Andy's laughing harder than I have ever heard him laugh.  Me-I'm dying inside. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember that...definitely embarrassing. Alina and I use to sing that all the time in the car, but I don't think I ever let her sing that version. She actually got a kick out of singing it about Granny...because it always involved fanny :-)

    ReplyDelete