Tuesday, January 4, 2011

These Aren't My Breasts

I wrote the following post originally on my hubpage.  I took it off the hubpage, as it is more appropriate here. 

Whose Breasts Are These?!?

These aren’t my breasts. I can’t help thinking they haven’t been for quite some time. They belong to my newborn son (and before that to my husband). They don’t even look like my breasts anymore. They crack and bleed. They ache and leak. No amount of Lansinoh HPA Lanolin can make them mine again. Why wasn’t I warned? Whoever said that nursing was pleasant and enjoyable surely did not have the same problems as me. Don’t get me wrong: I love that I am providing the nourishment my son needs. But come on – really? Sure, it’s great that my not even A’s are now a full B, but moms let’s be honest. Nursing isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment